Cilantro-Serrano Hot Sauce Recipe
This serrano hot sauce recipe is very simple to make and adds great flavor and heat to many dishes. It's great with grilled chicken or shrimp, or to add a kick to eggs or even a bloody mary. The cilantro helps to add a southwestern flair to almost any dish.
Cilantro-Serrano Hot Sauce Ingredients
- 8 serrano peppers, de-stemmed and cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
Cilantro-Serrano Hot Sauce Steps
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Toss the onion and serrano peppers in a few tablespoons of oil and salt and pepper.
3) Put the onion and serrano peppers onto a baking sheet and roast in the oven until they begin to darken.
4) Put the onion and serrano peppers, along with their juices, into a blender with the apple cider vinegar, honey, and cilantro. Blend until the mixture is smooth. Then slowly add the rest of the canola oil and blend until it is mixed well.
5) You can refrigerate the serrano hot sauce
for several days before using.
Love Chile Peppers?
Come learn about 39 different chile peppers. Some are mild like the Anaheim and some are so hot they are literally being used as weapons. Complete with information about their origin and history, uses, and full-color photographs!
Available on Amazon.com
or as a PDF Download